Friday, August 27, 2010

Dancer on the Sand

Crouched in an expectant state,
You watch the wave roll in;
And as it crashes at your feet,
your dancing starts again.

The wild swinging of your arms,
and swaying of your hips,
Relates a sense of carefree joy,
and primal innocence.

Unconscious of the world around,
you move to your own beat,
that pulses through your little head,
and moves your tiny feet.

Unhindered by self-consciousness,
you dance for all to see;
You’re too engrossed in here and now,
to be aware of me.

Now time and teaching will obscure
this fevered beat of life,
And you’ll soon learn to fixate on
responsibility and strife.

But for now you revel in
the moment that’s at hand;
And dance with joy as another wave
comes crashing on the sand.

Lord, grant me now the peace of mind
and heart’s serenity;
So, like this child, I can dance
as you move around me.

I’m sorry for self-centeredness,
that’s stifled joyful feet;
And for my superficial pride,
that drowns out your heart’s beat.

1 comment:

Soul Surfing

Whatever it is you’re facing today, no matter how exhausted, discouraged or disadvantaged you might feel, those things are only limitations ...