Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Becoming a Light in Your Neighborhood




Lighthouse Family,

We started this year with a fresh understanding of what it meant to be a Light in our community. Rather than focus on the church being the Lighthouse, we realized that each of us is a light-bearer to our own unique Sphere of Influence.

At the time, we could have never anticipated what this year would hold in store for us. The Covid-19 virus has completely altered our rhythms and the way we "do life" together. But it hasn't been all bad.

I recently learned that the Chinese word for Crisis is the combination of two words: Danger and Opportunity. That is a fitting description of this current crisis for the Church in Costa Mesa. For all the hardship and danger this season has brought, I've also seen so much fruit, so many opportunities to learn a new way to love our neighbors.

I want to share with you one new way we can be a light in our communities. For the last six months, I have been a part of Bless Every Home, an outreach app that gives me tools to pray for my neighbors by name (along with a whole lot of other resources that I'm only now learning to appreciate). It is such a powerful tool that I, along with several other pastors in our city, have decided to make it a central component of our outreach efforts.


Rather than attempt to explain what Bless Every Home can do, I'd rather show you. So please click the link below, which will take you to a 2-minute introduction video that will explain what this powerful tool can do for you. Then, if you choose to, you can sign up to be a "light."

Thanks again for being a partner with me in radiating the light of Christ into our community. I'm grateful to know that we're in this together. Here's the link to sign up now.

May God bless you as you bless your neighbors, 
Eric Wayman 
Lighthouse Community Church

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Surfing

Whatever it is you’re facing today, no matter how exhausted, discouraged or disadvantaged you might feel, those things are only limitations ...